Do you Tweet?
If you’re anything like me, you don’t have a lot of original information to Tweet about that is relevant to anyone else. That doesn’t stop me from following others who Tweet an awful lot… about a great many things.
Star Wars is a cultural icon that gets a lot of Twitter action, whether it is from actors, people who worked on the films, or just fans like you and me. News will be coming fast as release dates for new movies approach, video game announcements appear, info gets leaked, and people get hired. We’ve already seen J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt get tossed into the Star Wars fire, but neither of them have a direct twitter account (that I could find anyway). George Lucas, Simon Kinberg, Lawrence Kasdan, Kathleen Kennedy… none of them are Twitterers.
Since many of these big names that you would want to follow if you are a Star Wars fan and want Star Wars insider information aren’t on Twitter, I’ve included a short list of those that you might want to follow.
- Starwars.com (@starwars) – who better to follow than the site itself?
- Kennedy/Marshall (@Kenedy/Marshall) – Kathleen Kennedy is now with Lucasfilm, but don’t be surprised if this company is involved somewhere (TV?)
- Bad Robot (@bad_robot) – JJ Abrams’ company will be involved.
- Disney Pictures (@DisneyPictures) – Disney… they own it, if it’s news they’ll know.
- ILM (@ILMVFX) – ILM is the best in the biz. Can you imagine them not working on Star Wars?
- Leland Chee (@HolocronKeeper) – If he’s not involved on some level be afraid Expanded Universe fans… and all fans really. Continuity is important.
- Pablo Hidalgo (@infinata) – an insider with big connections.
- Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) – Have to believe that Hamill is going to be involved in this next chapter.
- Electronic Arts (@EA) – Get the Star Wars games rolling out!
- Star Wars Watch (@StarWarswatch) – I believe this is a fan page. I Don’t know who runs this, but they seem to have a lot of info so I follow.
There are other Twitter accounts from all areas, including tons of fan sites, that post news and would be great ones to follow. Many of them will have interviews, pictures, and other tidbits of information that leak out, but for the sake of being brief, I’ll leave my list to these 10 for now. There will be some who are more active than others, and there will be some new ones to follow when more Star Wars movie, game, or TV details come out.
Are these the best to follow? I don’t know. If you have better ones, put them in the comments. I’d love to have access to Michael Arndt while he’s writing “the script”.
Are there others that I follow? Yes! Lots! A couple of coming attractions I’m currently very interested in are San Diego Comic Con (@Comic_Con) and Star Wars Celebration Europe (@SW_Celebration). News will definitely be coming out of these Twitter accounts this summer.
I listed 100 Star Wars Twitter pages to follow in my personal just-for-fun list blog www.starwarslists.blogspot.com. My Twitter handle is (@kcknight44). I don’t have any insider news, but I’ll likely post what I see… and I look around a lot.
~kknight – is a lifelong Star Wars fanatic that is incredibly excited to be working with T-bone. If you follow me on Twitter, don’t be shocked when I get the news out after you’ve already heard it. I’m just getting started with this myself.